Achillea – Golden Yarrow
A perennial with cut foliage that produces clusters of yellow-canary domed flowers. Drought tolerant, it grows well in dry areas and is therefore a good choice in landscapes where you want to reduce watering. In the garden, it repels aphids and attracts ladybugs. The marjoram-flavored leaves can be used to flavor dishes and the flowers can be used as an infusion. Hardiness zone: 3.
Shipping with Canada Post
Great service: 4.9/5 Google Reviews
We accept credit cards, Paypal and Interac E-Transfers.
Conditions of germination:
- sowing depth: sow on the surface (press the seeds lightly into the soil without covering them) or up to 5 mm maximum (needs light to germinate)
- optimal temperatures for germination: 15 to 21 ºC
- time for germination: 14 to 28 days, the use of a heating mat can accelerate germination
When to sow:
- Indoor sowing 8 to 10 weeks before the last frost date in your area OR
- direct seeding after last frost in spring; can also be seeded in fall
Sowing technique: in pocket
- In the same hole, sow 3 to 5 seeds spaced 1 to 2 cm apart; when the seeds have germinated and the seedlings have reached a height of 5 cm, keep only the best plants.
Transplant outdoors (for seedlings started indoors):
- Acclimate seedlings outdoors and then transplant after the last frost in your area.
Distance in the garden:
- between plants: 30-60 cm
- between rows: 60 cm
Height of the plants: 60 to 120 cm
Soil: all types, well drained
Exposure: full sun
Flowering: end of June to September (summer and autumn)
Maturation: the second year
Average life span of seeds: 3 to 4 years
- beautiful cut flowers
- hardiness zone: 2 or 3
Who are we?
All orders are picked up by Canada Post in 72 hours or less. We offer standard and expedited shipping. The price for shipping will be indicated in your shopping cart and varies according to the value of your order and its weight. Learn more
- Cereals (6)
- Flower vegetables (9)
- Flowers (38)
- Fruit vegetables (201)
- Fruits (12)
- Gift cards (1)
- Herbs (43)
- Leafy greens (68)
- Root vegetables (48)