Bean – Black Valentine
An heritage variety cultivated since the late 19th century, Black Valentine’s green and round beans are 12 to 15 cm long and have no string. Good flavor and good productivity. Dwarf plant of 45 cm height. Good resistance to the mosaic of the bean. The seeds are black and shiny.
Shipping with Canada Post
Great service: 4.9/5 Google Reviews
We accept credit cards, Paypal and Interac E-Transfers.
Conditions of germination:
- depth of sowing: 2.5 cm
- optimal temperatures of germination: 18 to 29ºC
- time for germination: 5 to 12 days
When to sow:
- direct sowing after any risk of frost when the soil is warm (18ºC and above)
Sowing technique: in line
- draw a line in the soil (in a pot or in the ground), then sow the seeds in it
Distance in the garden:
- between plants: 10-15 cm
- between rows: 45 cm
Height of the plants: 45 cm
Soil: rich and well drained
Exposure: full sun
- Days to harvest (from sowing): 50 days
- Sow every two weeks until the end of July for a continuous harvest.
Who are we?
We are based in Montreal and are in partnership with the market gardener Birri of the Jean-Talon market, who has been selling seeds to farmers and individuals for almost 50 years.
Learn more on our About us page
All orders are picked up by Canada Post in 72 hours or less. We offer standard and expedited shipping. The price for shipping will be indicated in your shopping cart and varies according to the value of your order and its weight. Learn more