Cucumber – Marketmore 76
An American-type cucumber, the Marketmore variety produces fruit with dark green skin and small white spines. Smaller than the English type, these garden cucumbers are harvested between 15 and 20 cm. Excellent taste without bitterness. They contain few seeds. Runner plant that can be made to crawl on the ground or to climb on a trellis (the plant will cling itself with small tendrils). Good resistance to diseases.
Shipping with Canada Post
Great service: 4.9/5 Google Reviews
We accept credit cards, Paypal and Interac E-Transfers.
Conditions of germination:
- depth of sowing: 2 cm
- optimal temperatures of germination: 25 to 32 ºC
- time for germination: 7 to 14 days
When to sow:
- sow indoors 3 to 4 weeks before the last frost date in your area preferably in peat pots to facilitate transplanting OR
- direct seeding when the soil is warm and the temperature is above 16ºC
Sowing technique: in pocket
In the same hole, sow 3 seeds 1 to 2 cm apart; when the seeds have germinated and the seedlings have reached a height of 5 cm, keep only the best plants.
Transplant outdoors (for seedlings started indoors):
- Harden off seedlings outdoors before transplanting to the garden when all risk of frost is removed and the air is warmed.
Distance in the garden:
- between plants: 60 cm
- between rows: 90 cm
Soil: light, well drained, rich
Water: regular watering at the base of the plants (avoid foliage as much as possible)
Exposure: full sun
Days to harvest (from transplanting): 65 days
- For direct seeding, seeds can be sown on a mound of soil and compost and run the plants in opposite directions at ground level.
Who are we?
We are based in Montreal and are in partnership with the market gardener Birri of the Jean-Talon market, who has been selling seeds to farmers and individuals for almost 50 years.
Learn more on our About us page
All orders are picked up by Canada Post in 72 hours or less. We offer standard and expedited shipping. The price for shipping will be indicated in your shopping cart and varies according to the value of your order and its weight. Learn more