Hot Pepper – California Anaheim
The Anaheim pepper is an ancient variety from Southern California where it has been cultivated for over a century. It is about 6 inches long and has a slightly hot, warm flavor, between 100 and 500 on the Scoville scale. Its thick and crunchy flesh makes it a perfect option for roasting and smoking. It is eaten green or when it turns red after maturing on the plant.
WARNING: The seeds of the peppers are pungent, so we recommend handling them with gloves.
Email me when product is in stock
Shipping with Canada Post
Great service: 4.9/5 Google Reviews
We accept credit cards, Paypal and Interac E-Transfers.
Conditions of germination:
- depth of sowing: 5 mm
- optimal temperatures of germination: 25 to 30ºC
- time for germination: 10 to 21 days
When to sow:
- indoor sowing 8 to 10 weeks before the last frost date in your area
Sowing technique: in pocket
Inside the same hole, sow 3 to 5 seeds spaced about 1 to 2 cm apart; when the seeds have germinated and the seedlings have reached a height of 5 cm, keep all the plants if space is available or keep only the best plants. Transplant into individual containers while waiting for transplanting in the garden.
- After any risk of frost, when the soil is warmed and the average nighttime temperature is above 12 ºC.
Distance in the garden:
- between plants: 45 cm
- between rows: 60 cm
Plant height: 45 to 65 cm
Soil: rich and well drained
Water: regular watering
Exposure: full sun
Days to harvest (after transplanting): 70 to 90 days
- pinch off the first flowers to make the plant more robust and to stimulate the production of leaves that will protect the fruits from the sun burns in summer on very hot days
- possible to grow in a pot
Who are we?
We are based in Montreal and are in partnership with the market gardener Birri of the Jean-Talon market, who has been selling seeds to farmers and individuals for almost 50 years.
Learn more on our About us page
All orders are picked up by Canada Post in 72 hours or less. We offer standard and expedited shipping. The price for shipping will be indicated in your shopping cart and varies according to the value of your order and its weight. Learn more