Tomato – Cherry – Red Robin
The Red Robin tomato produces small red fruits of approximately 2.5 cm of diameter sweetened and pleasantly acidulous. The dwarf plants (30 cm), robust and compact, are very suitable for pot culture (balcony, hanging) or for small vegetable gardens. Variety with rugosa type foliage (rough), determined and early bearing (55 days).
Shipping with Canada Post
Great service: 4.9/5 Google Reviews
We accept credit cards, Paypal and Interac E-Transfers.
Conditions of germination:
- depth of sowing: 5 mm
- optimal temperatures of germination: 20 to 30ºC
- time for germination: 7 to 14 days
When to sow:
- indoor sowing 6 to 8 weeks before the last date in your area
Sowing technique: in pocket
- Inside the same hole, sow 3 to 5 seeds spaced about 1 to 2 cm apart; when the seeds have germinated and the seedlings have reached a height of 5 cm, keep all the plants if space is available or keep only the best plants. Transplant into individual containers while waiting for transplanting into the garden.
Transplanting in the garden:
- When the soil is warmed and the average nighttime temperature stays above 10 ºC.
Distance in the garden:
- between plants: 45 to 60 cm
- between rows: 75 to 90 cm
Height of the plants: 20-30 cm
Soil: rich and well drained
Water: regular watering until the fruit begins to ripen, then watering at intervals to encourage ripening and not to diminish the flavor of the fruit
Exposure: full sun
Days to harvest (after transplanting): 55 days
- Indeterminate (climbing) plants continue to grow and produce fruit all season long, while determinate varieties generally produce their fruit within a defined period of time and have a bushy habit.
- Recommended support (stake or tomato cage).
- Pot culture possible in containers of about 10 gallons/45 liters, 45 cm wide and 45 cm deep.
Who are we?
We are based in Montreal and are in partnership with the market gardener Birri of the Jean-Talon market, who has been selling seeds to farmers and individuals for almost 50 years.
Learn more on our About us page
All orders are picked up by Canada Post in 72 hours or less. We offer standard and expedited shipping. The price for shipping will be indicated in your shopping cart and varies according to the value of your order and its weight.