Tomato – Green Zebra Giant
Green Zebra Giant produces zebra tomatoes with a yellow-green skin. Similar to Green Zebra, the fruit is larger, weighing up to 200 g. The flesh is emerald green, sweet and low in acidity. Determined growth.
Shipping with Canada Post
Great service: 4.9/5 Google Reviews
We accept credit cards, Paypal and Interac E-Transfers.
Conditions of germination:
- depth of sowing: 5 mm
- optimal temperature for germination: 21 to 32ºC
- time for germination: 7 to 14 days
When to sow:
- indoor sowing 6 to 8 weeks before the last frost date in your area
Sowing technique: in pocket
- Inside the same hole, sow 3 to 5 seeds spaced about 1 to 2 cm apart; when the seeds have germinated and the seedlings have reached a height of 5 cm, keep all the plants if space is available or keep only the best plants. Transplant into individual containers while waiting for transplanting into the garden.
Transplanting in the garden:
- When there is no longer a risk of frost (10 consecutive frost-free days): after coating the plants for a few days outdoors, add compost to the planting hole. Remove the lower leaves on the plant, then bury the plant standing or lying on its side, leaving about 10 cm of stem sticking out of the ground. Water. Install support (stake, cage, rope), if needed.
Distance in the garden:
- between plants: 45 to 60 cm
- between rows: 75 to 90 cm
Plant height: 120 cm
Soil: rich in organic matter and well drained
Water: regular watering until the fruit begins to ripen, then watering at intervals to encourage ripening and not to diminish the flavor of the fruit. Avoid irregular watering and the fluctuation between dry and overwatering periods. This can prevent (in part) blossom end rot.
Exposure: full sun
Days to harvest (after transplanting): 85 days
General information about tomatoes:
- Indeterminate (climbing) plants continue to grow and produce fruit all season, while determinate varieties generally produce their fruit within a defined period of time and have a bushy habit.
- Pot culture possible in containers of about 40-45 liters, 40-45 cm wide and 40-45 cm deep.
Recommendations for planting:
- Rotate in the garden every year or space out plantings in the same location one year every two years to prevent certain diseases present in the soil.
- After planting, mulch at the base of the plants to maintain constant moisture and reduce disease.
- Apply a natural fertilizer 3 to 4 times during the summer season, avoiding those too rich in nitrogen that encourage foliage growth at the expense of fruit.
Who are we?
We are based in Montreal and are in partnership with the market gardener Birri of the Jean-Talon market, who has been selling seeds to farmers and individuals for almost 50 years.
Learn more on our About us page
All orders are picked up by Canada Post in 72 hours or less. We offer standard and expedited shipping. The price for shipping will be indicated in your shopping cart and varies according to the value of your order and its weight.