Artichoke Green Globe
A vegetable plant native to the Mediterranean basin whose buds are eaten, the artichoke is a perennial in warm climates, elsewhere it is grown as an annual*. The Green Globe variety produces plump, round and green fruits. It takes an average of 150 days to harvest. The beautiful plants that have an upright stem with serrated leaves need a lot of space. If the fruits are not harvested, they form into beautiful blue flowers.
Shipping with Canada Post
Great service: 4.9/5 Google Reviews
We accept credit cards, Paypal and Interac E-Transfers.
Conditions of germination:
- depth of sowing: 5 mm
- optimal temperatures for germination: 18 to 26ºC
- time for germination: 10 to 21 days
When to sow:
- indoor sowing 8 to 12 weeks before the last frost date in your area, preferably in peat pots
Sowing technique: in pocket
Inside the same hole, sow 3 to 5 seeds spaced 1 to 2 cm apart; when the seeds have germinated and the seedlings have reached a height of 5 cm, keep all the seedlings if space is available or keep only the most beautiful ones
- Harden off the plants outdoors before transplanting them into the garden to give them a cold period (about 7 days below 10ºC) that induces early flowering
Distance in the garden:
- between plants: 90 cm
- between rows: 120 cm
Height of the plants: 150 cm
Soil: humid, rich and well drained
Exposure: full sun
Harvest time (after transplanting): 150 to 200 days
- Mulch the base of the plants to keep the soil moist.
- Perennial in zone 6 with winter protection (mulch and bell).
- Culinary use: when the buds are big, remove the tough leaves around the edge, the very prickly tips and the hay inside, if needed. Artichoke heads should be boiled to grind the inside of the leaves, before reaching the tender heart, which is eaten whole.
Sunflower – Sunspot
Sunflower – Lemon Queen
Sunflower – Autumn Beauty
Sunflower – Black Russian
Who are we?
We are based in Montreal and are in partnership with the market gardener Birri of the Jean-Talon market, who has been selling seeds to farmers and individuals for almost 50 years.
Learn more on our About us page
All orders are picked up by Canada Post in 72 hours or less. We offer standard and expedited shipping. The price for shipping will be indicated in your shopping cart and varies according to the value of your order and its weight. Learn more
- Cereals (6)
- Flowers (36)
- Fruit vegetables (200)
- Fruits (12)
- Herbs (43)
- Leafy greens (77)
- Root vegetables (51)
- Tomato - Roma Orange $3.99
- Tomato - Mini Orange $3.99
- Tomato - Green Zebra Giant $3.99
- Tomato - Cherry - Totem $3.99
- Tomato - Orange Queen $3.99