Cucumber – Lebanese Muncher
Native to Israel, the Lebanese-type Muncher cucumber produces a small to medium-sized fruit that is easily digestible and juicy. The skin of Muncher cucumbers is thin, dark green and thornless. Their flavor is excellent, never acidic. They are eaten raw, but are also good candidates for marinades. They are generally harvested at 15-20 cm in length. They can be grown at ground level (but the fruit may bend) or mounted on a stand for straighter fruit.
Email me when product is in stock
Shipping with Canada Post
Great service: 4.9/5 Google Reviews
We accept credit cards, Paypal and Interac E-Transfers.
- sowing depth: 2 cm
- optimum germination temperature: 25 to 35 ºC
- germination time: 5 to 10 days
When to sow:
- sow indoors 3 weeks before the last frost in your region, preferably in peat pots to facilitate transplanting OR
- direct sowing after any risk of frost, when the soil has warmed up.
Sowing technique: in pocket
In the same hole, sow 3 seeds, spacing them 1 to 2 cm apart. When the seeds have germinated and the seedlings are 5 cm tall, keep only the best-looking plants.
Transplant outdoors (for seedlings started indoors):
- harden off seedlings outdoors before transplanting into the garden, when all risk of frost has passed and the air is warmer.
Distance in the garden:
- between plants: 60 cm
- between rows: 90 cm
Soil: light, well-drained, rich
Water: regular watering at base of plants (avoid foliage as much as possible)
Exposure: full sun
Days to harvest (from transplanting): 65 days
- For direct sowing, seeds can be sown on a mound of soil and compost and the plants run in opposite directions at ground level.
Who are we?
We are based in Montreal and are in partnership with the market gardener Birri of the Jean-Talon market, who has been selling seeds to farmers and individuals for almost 50 years.
Learn more on our About us page
All orders are picked up by Canada Post in 72 hours or less. We offer standard and expedited shipping. The price for shipping will be indicated in your shopping cart and varies according to the value of your order and its weight. Learn more