Hot Pepper – Naga Morich
Naga Morich is a chili pepper native to India and Bangladesh. Its name alone, which means “Cobra bite”, should warn us that we’re dealing with a hot pepper! With its 800,000 SHU on the Scoville scale, Naga Morich is an elongated, smooth-skinned red pepper. Plants can grow to over a metre in height, and although fruit ripening is fairly long, it will be abundant. Like other hot peppers, germination is slow, sometimes taking up to a month. The use of a heat mat can improve and speed up the process.
* Take extra care when handling seeds and fruits. We recommend using sterile latex gloves and disposing of them after use.
* Limit of 1 per purchase
Shipping with Canada Post
Great service: 4.9/5 Google Reviews
We accept credit cards, Paypal and Interac E-Transfers.
- sowing depth: 5 mm
- optimum germination temperature: 25 to 30ºC
- germination time: 21 to 28 days
When to sow:
- indoor sowing 8 to 10 weeks before the last frost date in your region
Sowing technique: in pocket
In the same hole, sow 3 to 5 seeds, spacing them about 1 to 2 cm apart; when the seeds have germinated and the seedlings are 5 cm tall, keep all the plants if space is available, or keep only the best-looking ones. Transplant into individual containers while waiting to be transplanted into the garden.
- after any risk of frost, when the soil has warmed up and the average night-time temperature is above 12ºC.
Distance in the garden:
- between plants: 45 cm
- between rows: 60 cm
Plant height: 120 cm
Soil: rich, well-drained
Water: regular watering
Exposure: full sun
Days to harvest (after transplanting): 100-150 days
- pinch off the first flowers to make the plant more robust and to stimulate the production of leaves that will protect the fruit from summer sunburn on very hot days.
- pot cultivation possible
Who are we?
All orders are picked up by Canada Post in 72 hours or less. We offer standard and expedited shipping. The price for shipping will be indicated in your shopping cart and varies according to the value of your order and its weight. Learn more
- Cereals (6)
- Flower vegetables (9)
- Flowers (38)
- Fruit vegetables (201)
- Fruits (12)
- Gift cards (1)
- Herbs (43)
- Leafy greens (68)
- Root vegetables (48)